CeedCap is a startup studio and an early-stage investment management group. The company provides venture building, private equity, strategic advisory, and corporate innovation services to the technology-enabled sector.
Operating as a bridge between Africa’s digital economy and the international VC investment, CeedCap connects people, capital, and ideas to accelerate innovation and provide value to portfolio companies, limited partners (LP) and the connected world.
We are looking to hire a Finance Manager with excellent organizational and analytical skills. Finance Managers are expected to be detail-oriented, knowledgeable on statistics, have strong problem-solving skills and an investigative nature.
To succeed in this role, He/She should have a deep commercial awareness, strong numeracy skills, and a keen interest in the growth, efficiency, and profitability of an organization. If you also have outstanding communication and report writing skills with superb technical ability, fantastic negotiation skills and proven knowledge of various financial forecasting and corporate finance models, we would like to meet you.
- Plan, organize and execute financial tasks and projects of the organization
- Make estimates of funds required for the short and long-term financial objectives of the organization
- Complete financial reports, lead the month-end closing process and conduct monthly financial forecasts
- Develop and implement plans for budgeting, forecasting and reporting
- Achieve a proper mix of equity and debt to minimize cost and maximize operational profit.
- Strategize on fund procurement through banks and other financial institutions
- Prudently make investments on assets that maximize returns
- Provide financial insights and analysis to drive the business performance of the organization
- Manage and monitor metrics, KPI tracking, and reports
- Evaluate the financial insight and analysis to drive the business performance of the organization
- Understand and calculate the risks involved in the financial activities of the organization
- Research macroeconomic and microeconomic conditions
- Prepare accounting and other required reports and projections based on the analysis performed
- Evaluate capital expentiture and asset depreciation.
- Establish and evaluate records, statements, profit plans
- Identify financial performance trends and financial risk, and making recommendations
- Provide recommendations for improvement based on trends
- Coordinate with other memebers of the finance team, such as a risk analyst when required to review financial information and forecasts
- Provide financial models and make financial forecasts
- Degree in Finance/Accounting or related(essential)
- ICAN accrediatation (essential)
- CPA, CFA license(Plus)
- 5 years of work experience as a Finance Manager(essential)
- Thorough understanding of IFRS
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with superb organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Excellent report-writing and communication skills.
- Solid proficiency in Google Tools, and other financial planning software.
We are working hard to create a representative, inclusive, and super-friendly team because we know that different experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds make for a better workplace. And that creates a better experience for our customers. CeedCap doesn’t discriminate based on race, color, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.
Compensation: Base Salary + Benefit